Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Meet Mrs. Worthy

Wow!  I can't believe we are wrapping up summer and about to start a brand-new school year.  I have been busy getting our classroom set up and organized so that we can hit the ground running on the first day.  I am so excited about all the exciting possibilities that this school year holds!  It is going to be a fantastic year! 

This will be my eighth year in the classroom and my fifth year teaching the 4th grade.  I have taught at Sonora Elementary since we opened and before Sonora, I taught at Lee Elementary.  I attended the University of Arkansas and earned my Masters in Teaching.  I am married to Mr. Worthy who is our EAST teacher at Sonora.  Together, we have a sassy two year old named Ellie Faith.  Every day with a two year old is an adventure!!

I love, love, love to read and my goal is always to get kids into books.  I truly believe that even the most reluctant reader can leave 4th grade loving to read.  I am constantly scouring for new books that will interest every reader!  You can check out our class book blog to see what I have been reading.  As the school year goes on, students will be adding their book recommendations to the blog.

We are very blessed to be a 1:1 iPad classroom.  What this means is that EVERY student in our class will have an iPad to use daily.  The goal of the iPads is not to play, but to help transform the students' learning and make learning more engaging. I am excited to share more about this with you in the future!

It is going to be a GREAT year!

Mrs. Worthy

1 comment: